Peer reviewed publications
The impact of upper-secondary voucher school attendance on student achievment. Swedish evidence using external and internal evaluations (WP-version). (with Jonas Vlachos). Labour Economics, Volume 47, August 2017, Pages 1-14
Discrimination against students with foreign backgrounds: evidence from grading in Swedish public high schools. (with Erik Höglin and Magnus Johannesson) Education Economics. 23, pp. 660-676. With Erik Höglin and Magnus Johannesson). 2015 (WP-version)
Democracy, Redistribution, and Political Participation: Evidence from Sweden 1919-1938. (with Per Pettersson-Lidbom) Econometrica, 82, pp.961-993, 2014 (WP-version) Data and do-file for replication (STATA)
Automated Essay Scoring for Swedish (with Robert Östling, André Smolentzov and Erik Höglin.) Proceedings of the Eighth Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications, 2013. (WP-version)
Gender and ethnic discrimination in the rental housing market of Stockholm: a field experiment (with Ragnar Bengtsson and Ellis Iverman.) Applied Economics Letters, 19 , pp. 1-5, 2012. (WP-version)
Do Merging Local Governments Free Ride on Their Counterparts When Facing Boundary Reform. Journal of Public Economics, 93 , pp. 721-728, 2009. (Older WP-version). Data and do-file for replication (STATA)
Working papers and research in far progress
- The Housing Wealth Effect: Quasi-Experimental Evidence (With Dany Kessel and Roine Vestman) Submitted
- Do Mild Sentences Deter Crime? Evidence using a Regression-Discontinuity Design. (with Mikael Priks and Per Pettersson-Lidbom) (Presented at the 8th Transatlantic Workshop on the Economics of Crime)
- Do Parties Matter in Very Small Local Governments?
- Age-Dependent Sentences and Crime Bunching – Empirical Evidences from Swedish Administrative Data. (with Mikael Priks and Mårten Palme). Submitted
- Gender Quotas in the Board Room and Firm Performance: Evidence from a Credible Threat in Sweden. (With Joakim Jansson)
- Direct democracy and real outcomes. With Per Pettersson-Lidbom. (Presented at Stockholm School of Economics, 2015 and Uppsala University, Odense University, Aarhus University and Tinbergen Institute, 2015.
- Political Power, Resistance to Technological Change and Economic Development: Evidence from the 19th century Sweden. IFN Working Paper No. 1172. With Per Pettersson-Lidbom and Erik Lindgren (Presented at Stockholm School of Economics, 2015 and Uppsala University, Odense University, Aarhus University and Tinbergen Institute, 2015.) Submitted
- Restricting Residence Permits- Short-Run Evidence from a Swedish Reform. (With Niklas Blomqvist and Peter Skogman Thoursie)
- Gender grading bias at the University: quasi-experimental evidence from of an anonymous grading reform. (With Joakim Jansson) Submitted.
- Gender Grading Bias in Junior High School Mathematics (with Petter Berg and Ola Palmgren) Submitted
Work in progress (not downloadable, data collection or early analysis stage)
- Tiebout effects when number of jurisdictions is changing
- Extension of franchise
- Crime and culture. With Per Pettersson-Lidbom and Mikael Priks.
- Development and Local Finance. With Andreas Madestam. Joel Gunnarsson and Per Pettersson-Lidbom.
- Testing Efficiency of Private versus Public Providers. With Daniel Knutsson.
- The Causal Effect of Tracking on Educational and Labor Market Outcomes. With Dany Kessel and Andreas Madestam
Non peer reviewed publications
Comment on Nilsen and Holm Reiso: Scarring effects of early career unemployment, Nordic Economic Policy Review, 7:1, pp. 47-50. 2014 (WP-version)
Förväntningseffekter av en lag – fallet kvotering av kvinnor i börsbolagsstyrelser. With Joakim Jansson Ekonomisk Debatt 47(1), 14–22. 2019.
Skillnader i resultat mellan gymnasieelever i fristående och kommunal skolor. With Jonas Vlachos, 2016
Systematiska skillnader mellan interna och externa bedömningar av nationella prov – en uppföljningsrapport. With Jonas Vlachos. Report to the Swedish School Inspectorate, 2013.
Systematiska skillnader mellan interna och externa bedömningar av nationella prov. With Jonas Vlachos. Report to the Swedish School Inspectorate, 2012.
Diskrimineras pojkar i skolan? IFAU Rapport 2010:23.